Registered Respiratory Therapist
Department:
Cardiopulmonary
Schedule:
Casual Call
Shift:
Days
Hours:
8-12 hr day shifts
Job Details:
Job Summary: Under limited supervision, provides respiratory therapy services to patients as ordered by physicians, according to established policies and procedures. Performs diagnostic procedures as required. Respiratory therapy services include, but are not limited to, pulmonary function screening, aerosol treatments, incentive spirometry, CPR, postural drainage and chest percussion, ECG''s, Holter monitor setup and scanning, arterial punctures and blood gas analyses, oxygen therapy, and ventilator management. Diagnostic procedures include, but are not limited to, stress tests, pulmonary function studies, MPI''s, esophageal studies, and EEG''s. This position must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care and service to pediatrics to geriatrics ages 0-60+ years.
Minimum Education/Training: Graduate of an accredited respiratory therapy education program.
Registration/Certification or License Required: Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credentials.Current BLS for the Healthcare Provider Certification (or completed within 60 days of hire)
Preferred Experience: Inpatient and critical care respiratory care experience; experience conducting ECG''s, pulmonary function screens, and other diagnostic testing (as described in the position summary).
Management Experience (If applicable)
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.Ability to push or pull on a wheeled device up to 150 pounds.Prolonged standing/walking in excess of 8 hours per day.Frequent bending, reaching, stooping, kneeling.
Other Requirements: Must have ability to maintain focus and professional composure during periods of high demand and when responding to multiple high-priority patient care events. Must have ability to maintain a pleasant and professional demeanor at all times.
I have chose to look into this job because I am going to school to be a respiratory therapist. This job will be good for me because it is exactly what I am looking for and it is at Holland Hospital close to my home. It is a job that works closely with people and I love being around people. Plus, I would like working long shifts each day. 8-12 hours a day wouldn't bug me a bit. If I was all finished with school and my respiratory program I would apply for this job in a heart beat.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment