Sunday, November 2, 2008

job

Relief Youth Specialist
Under the supervision of a Shift Supervisor, provides for the safety and security for residents, visitors, and staff within the detention facility. Supervises, guides, and counsels residents through daily activities within the framework of Guided Group Interaction and educational and treatment programs. Assumes a variety of responsibilities relative to the need for facility upkeep, control of residents behavior, and liability reduction. May be assigned to Treatment Services and work with Treatment Specialists to assist residents in attaining treatment goals. This is an non-benefitted on-call position working no more than 800 hours per year. Successful candidates must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays. Equivalent of two years of college level course work in human services or closely related field required with preference given to those candidates possessing a Bachelor’s Degree in a related area. Prefer some experience dealing with delinquent or emotionally troubled youths and/or families, which may have been in an intern or volunteer capacity. Valid Michigan driver’s license required. May require certification for specific treatment courses.


This job suits me because this is what I am going to school for. I want to work with juvenile kids and this is usually the place to start. I would like this job because as soon as I can get some experience like this then it will open so many more doors for me in the future.

No comments: